Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Next time: More Dog less Muffin!

I love to try the stuff I see on Pinterest so here's the latest, Corn Dog Muffins, I made these last night. Super easy to whip up I made the corn muffin mix, you don't need to buy a box, you just need cornmeal, flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, eggs, milk and butter or oil. I used a regular muffin tin and then just cut some pieces of hot dog up to put in the middle of the batter, I'm not a big hot dog eater, for years I called them tubes of death, but a friend introduced me to the Hebrew National Kosher Hot dogs and they are actually not bad, yes more expensive but worth it to me. Anyway I wasn't sure what size cut the hot dogs so I tried a few different sizes just to experiment.
 
 
When they came out of the oven I was a little worried because I couldn't see the hot dogs anymore, here are a few cut open.
 
 
They were really yummy but next time I think I will use less batter for each muffin because it was just too much muffin for that little piece of hot dog or I need to use a small muffin tin and make them bitesize. Either way they were super easy and really good with ketchup.
 
 

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...