Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wash your vinyl shower curtain in the washing machine

Instead of throwing away your vinyl shower curtain when it starts to get moldy or slimy, try washing it in your washing machine first. Toss it in your washing machine with 2 bath towels and a cup of vinegar, the spin cycle will probably ruin it so make sure to remove it before the spin cycle starts. If you just want to replace your shower curtain, don't throw away the old one, wash it first then repurpose it as a drop cloth for painting or put it under the kids craft table to protect your carpet or flooring. Use it as a tarp or to line the trunk of your car, cut it into smaller pieces and use it to line the bottom of cabinets or drawers. Get creative, I'm sure there are a million other uses and you can feel good that it's not just sitting in a landfill somewhere. 

6 comments:

  1. OH! And the lighbulb goes on! I've always read the tips to wash them w/ bath towels, and I've done that, but they still rip. I have never even thought to remove them before the spin cycle starts. Duh! Thanks for helping me out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we could help, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very good idea. I never thought you that a vinyl shower curtain could be washed in a washing machine. Next time I must try this one, I junked my old vinyl curtain but after reading this, I've changed my mind :). Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, thanks for visiting our blog!

      Delete
  4. Hello mу frіend! I want to say thаt this article іs awesome, grеаt written and incluԁe apprοхimаtelу all signifiсаnt
    infos. I would like to ѕee extrа posts like this .


    Ηere is mу blog ... https://cambridgemortgage.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey verу intereѕting blog!

    Feel fгee to ѕurf to my blοg pоst :
    : zasilacz laptop - Lapkowo.pl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...