Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The best Pumpkin Bread you can enjoy year round!

Did you stock up last fall on pumpkin? I didn't freeze any but I have a lot of canned pumpkin that I want to make sure I use. This is my go to recipe, everybody that tries it loves it and it's really simple, plus I can make 2 loaves cheaper than I can buy 1 similar desert at any grocery store.
I can't take credit for the recipe, I got it from my Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book, I've been using it for years!
Pumpkin Bread-Makes 2 Loaves-Preheat oven to 350
3 cups flour
1 cup cooking oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2/3 cup water
1 15 ounce can pumpkin
Grease bottom & sides of 2 9x5x3 inch loaf pans set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and oil on medium, add eggs and beat well, set aside.

In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg. Alternately add flour mixture and water to sugar mixture, beat on low after each addition just until combined. Beat in pumpkin, pour batter into pans.

Bake in 350 oven for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, (a toothpick is not long enough to reach the center so I use one of my favorite tricks Use uncooked spaghetti to check doneness. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pans and let them completely cool on wire racks.
Hope you love it as much as we do!






4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...