Monday, June 18, 2012

Banana hangers have a purpose!


Did you know there is a reason why bananas should be kept elevated in some kind of banana hanger? I always thought it was a decorative thing, not so...... here's what I found out. Bananas give off gasses that make them ripen and turn brown, they need good air circulation around and under them, if they are just sitting on a counter the gasses accumulate underneath and cause them to ripen faster. If they are kept elevated, air can circulate underneath and dissipate some of the gasses. Obviously there is nothing that will stop the ripening process completely but you may be able to hold it off for a little while longer. What are your tricks to keep bananas from ripening too fast?

Did you know you can Freeze Ripe Bananas if you want to make banana bread or something else with them but don't have time to do it right away!

13 comments:

  1. Another great post! Just thinking if anybody has any any links
    or screenshots of good Email Templates used? It certainly is good
    to see templates, one more thing to see examples to benchmark as good communication.
    Would be desperate to see any links.

    Also visit my web blog; html Email templates

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so awesome! I don't suppose I've truly read anything like this before. So great to discover another person with a few genuine thoughts on this subject. Really.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that is needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!

    my web blog; email stationery templates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right here is the right webpage for anyone who would like to find out about this topic.
    You realize a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject that
    has been discussed for a long time. Wonderful stuff,
    just great!

    Also visit my homepage ... email campaign templates

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an remarkable piece of writing designed for all the web visitors; they will take advantage from it I am sure.

    Also visit my homepage - http://discerningdate.com/LeviNSJQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
    Thanks a lot!

    Also visit my site :: free email marketing templates

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
    I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a
    famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!


    Visit my web site ... email blast marketing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am truly thankful to the owner of this web site who
    has shared this fantastic piece of writing at here.

    Feel free to visit my weblog; Templates email

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte
    more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Appreciate it!

    Also visit my blog ... http://nyam.com.ua/index.php?do=/profile-17632/info/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...