Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Toys for your kids out of stuff you already have!

I love re purposing and there are a million things you can do with used plastic containers and tubs but sometimes you end up with too many or you end up with food storage containers with no matching lids, if they are not worth giving away you can either recycle them or throw them away if they can't be recycled. I gave my 4yr old daughter a bunch of the stuff to play with outside, we are starting to get some nicer weather and she has a little playhouse outside so she uses the containers and bowls and makes mud pies and pretends to make food and stirs things and scoops water. She has a blast and none of my good stuff gets left outside and I didn't spend a dime at the store for more plastic stuff that will end up in the land fill and if at the end of the summer it's all ruined then I can just get rid of it and not feel bad. I like to give her that kind of stuff for the bath too, stuff that pours and shoots water is always fun, I think I've maybe bought her a total of 2 or 3 toys for the bath, everything else has been some gifts and the rest plastic tubs and cups and containers.
Check out my article on repurposing old Hairstyling Tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...