Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Turkey Meatloaf Mashed Potato Muffins, Green Bean Casserole for less than $5.00

Here's another one I saw on Pinterest and I wanted to try, I have my own recipe that I use for meatloaf, ground turkey (I don't buy ground beef), onion, Italian bread crumbs, seasonings, egg, milk.


I just sprayed the muffin tins with oil and used an ice cream scoop to fill each one. Bake in the oven 450 for 15 minutes.


While the meatloaf was baking I made mashed potatoes, when the meat was done I topped each one with a scoop of mashed potatoes and sprinkled a little paprika. I put it back in the oven to just crisp the top of the potatoes a little bit.


They turned out gorgeous and this meal cost less than $5.00 for the whole thing.
 Here's how I did it:
1 LB Ground Turkey $1.66 (See how I get Turkey for $1.66 lb HERE)
1 LB Potatoes $ .25 (10lb bag of potatoes is $2.38)
1 Egg $ .10
1 Onion $ .10
Bread Crumb and assorted Seasonings $ .25
2 Cans Green Beans $ .80 (For green bean casserole)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup $ .40
1 Can French Fried Onions $1.00
Milk for meatloaf and green beans $ .25
Total $4.81 for both dishes and we have still have over half the pan of meatloaf left for lunches.
Here's more $5 Meal Ideas for the whole family.






6 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I was just thinking of making something like this for April Fool's Day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...