Friday, March 2, 2012

This whole pan of Pork Enchilada's for $6.49

Earlier in the day I posted a tip that you can put Frozen Meat in the Crockpot, this is the picture of the pork that I put in this morning to cook, I just added some seasonings like salt, pepper,garlic powder and cumin and whatever else I could find to throw in.
This evening it was soft enough to just mix up with a fork until it was shredded like this. I added a little salsa in with the meat.
I took flour tortillas and dipped them in the enchilada sauce then filled them with the meat, rolled them and then poured the remainder of the enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkled shredded cheese and added olives.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven until everything is heated through and cheese is melted, after it comes out of the I add tomatoes.
Here is the finished product plated with some sour cream, guacamole and cabbage as garnish. It was delicious and we still have half the pan left so we'll eat it for lunch tomorrow.

This one wasn't exactly $5.00 but I always say some are a little more some are a little less and this whole 9 x 13 pan could feed a family of 6 so it ends up being two meals for my family of 3.
Pork $3.40
Canned Enchilada Sauce $ .99
Tortillas $ .60
1/2 can of Olives $ .50
Cheese and Tomatoes $ .75
Seasonings and Salsa $ .25
Total $6.49











3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy to me! Hubby will love this one! I found you through the "Chubby Cheeks Thinks Twitter Hop Tuesday.

    Followed you on twitter @snipshopsave

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...