Saturday, March 10, 2012

This is all it takes to make your own baking mix (Bisquick), doesn't get any easier or cheaper!

You don't have to buy baking mix at the store, make it at home and save money. I made a batch this morning for pancakes and they turned out so good. This batch equalled 2 cups of bisquick and then I just added milk and eggs to make the pancake batter.
For every cup of baking mix that you need here's the ingredients, so you can double, triple, quadruple whatever you need to do.
3/4 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 1/2 Tablespoons Shortening
Mix dry ingredients, cut in shortening by hand or use a food processor if you have one (I just pulse it a few times in my food processor). Store in an airtight container, I usually just make it as I need it but it can be done ahead of time.
 The great thing is you know exactly what ingredients are in it, and you know it's fresh and hasn't been sitting in a box for months and months.


I always have leftovers so I put them in a ziploc bag and freeze them and then I take them out 1 or 2 at a time in the mornings for breakfast instead of buying frozen waffles. My 4yr old asks for pancakes alot so it's easy to just pop them in the toaster or the microwave!


If you like my little flour container label, go here Free Printable Storage Labels to print them yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...