Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ready for another $5.00 Meal, Last night it was Chicken Curry with Rice!

Last night I made Chicken Curry with Rice, super easy and inexpensive to make. I cut up 1lb of chicken breast and stir fried with some onion, when the chicken was cooked I added cut up carrots and cut up potatoes and poured in 3 cups of water and simmered on low until they were soft.


When the vegetables were soft (not mushy) I added the curry, it looks strange but it's just curry seasoning pressed into a square. I buy the S&B brand of mild golden curry seasoning, you can find it at most grocery stores or the asian market. Just stir until the seasoning dissolves and the liquid starts to thicken.


Here it is finished, looks beautiful and so delicious, definitely one of my favorites, you do want to use the fan on the stove hood while you are cooking it because the smell lingers in the house forever if you don't. Here's the breakdown for Chicken Curry with Rice:
1 Lb Chicken Breast $1.49 (I got in on the Zaycon Chicken deal when it was $1.49 lb)
Curry Seasoning $2.00 (A box is $4.00 and makes 2 meals)
Potatoes $ .25
Carrots $ .25
Onion $ .25
Rice $ .50
Total $4.74 plus leftovers for lunch the next day
Here's more $5 Meal Ideas!







2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I am going to have to definitely give this a try! I would love if you shared at my friday link party:) I find this very pinteresting:) Here's the link if you're interested, have a great week! http://www.thescottscrib.com/2012/03/lathriftas-cheap-finds-and_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to! Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...